Ratholer - A player who removes chips from the table, usually to avoid having to go all-in more than they intend to. Ratholing is typically performed by shortstackers who play really tight, double up, then move to another table.

High Roller - A player who usually plays in high stakes poker games that require betting large amounts of money. As a result large amounts of money can be won and lost within minutes.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Decisions decisions...

I have made a few hard decisions these past few days, based on some of my poker friends’ advice ;) and the info in the book (Treat your poker like a business).

1.Take a harder look at my playstyle. Just winning money from the donks and still playing badly is not going to cut it anymore if I really want to get serious. If I lose money, but made good decisions at the table that’s an investment.

2.Use Dusty’s 100 BI BRM rule instead of the Ferguson 25 BI rule. So that means sticking with 20NL, smaller tourneys and R20 DoNs until I hit the 5k mark.

3.Play more tourneys. I love the style and changing tables that you get with tournies, so I want to dedicate more time to them.

4.Take notes while playing. This means not only making notes on players, but also on hands that I feel I made mistakes on or did not play as well as I could have. Ask people about them or look them up.

5.Use my 14 days free that I have for Drag the Bar. This will help extend the knowledge that I’m picking up from the books and forums. Cut play time by another 10% to increase study time so that the ratio is now 80/20.

6.Sort HEM out! I have a 14 day trial that I can use on the desktop until I have the cash to buy it. The rule with the wife is that I don’t spend cash on poker, so I’ll have to draw from my BR to buy the software, but again, it’s an investment. I will only buy it once I have made sure that I know exactly how the software works including the HUD and all stats.

Ok, that turned into a 10 page essay, but ja… that’s what’s happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment