Ratholer - A player who removes chips from the table, usually to avoid having to go all-in more than they intend to. Ratholing is typically performed by shortstackers who play really tight, double up, then move to another table.

High Roller - A player who usually plays in high stakes poker games that require betting large amounts of money. As a result large amounts of money can be won and lost within minutes.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Poker 2011 First Game of the Year

For new years, a few mates came around for a cash game. I set it up as a cash game so that people could leave and come back to the table without worrying about being blinded out.

The structure was as follows:
Blinds: 25c/50c
Max BI: R50
Total Pool after rebuys: R1000

Players were:
Pyro
Von
Rhubarb
Lolly
boB
Xenn
Phar
Vixen

The results were:
Pyro: R390
Rhubarb and Lolly: R330
Jade: R280

My hand Highlights/Lowlights:
I was in the blinds and got to limp in with K8o. Rhubarb bluffed me off the hand with K3o. The board paired our Kings, but I wasnt happy with my kicker.

I was on the cutoff with AdQc. Preflop raise. boB goes all in, I call. He turns over 7s8s. Flop hits his 8 with 10d8dKc, turn brings 4d and river hits my flush with a 3d.

All in all, it was a great game, with R340 being my total profit for the session. Next one is set up for 15 Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment