Ratholer - A player who removes chips from the table, usually to avoid having to go all-in more than they intend to. Ratholing is typically performed by shortstackers who play really tight, double up, then move to another table.

High Roller - A player who usually plays in high stakes poker games that require betting large amounts of money. As a result large amounts of money can be won and lost within minutes.

Friday, December 10, 2010

Downswings and the nature of the game.

Over the past few days, work has really taken a bite out of my normal poker timetable. I am getting a few hands in a day, cos I know this is the best way to learn.
Over the past week or two I have had a bit of a downswing, and although I know that I should be looking at my swings monthly, I still feel the effects.
Work has therefore afforded me the opportunity to do what I normally do when I have a downswing of epic proportions.... Take a break.

Now I have the weekend to focus more on my game again and get those numbers up. Let's hope the break helped. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment