Ratholer - A player who removes chips from the table, usually to avoid having to go all-in more than they intend to. Ratholing is typically performed by shortstackers who play really tight, double up, then move to another table.

High Roller - A player who usually plays in high stakes poker games that require betting large amounts of money. As a result large amounts of money can be won and lost within minutes.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Step 3: The Maths and what you NEED to know.

Outs and Odds...

Now any of you that know me, know that I'm not a big maths fan. What I have realised though is that if I try to work out the outs and odds for every hand, even the ones I am not involved in, I could write it all into my memory and make it a habit, rather than have to worry about the maths on every hand.

You would normally only use the maths if you need to make a decision on whether to call a bet a not. If you think you have the best hand, raise. If you are unsure, use the maths to help make your descisions.

I do not profess to be an expert on this subject, but you can find all the info you need to know here:
Poker Math

That is the best article that I have found that explains the basics of what you need to know.

Hope Step 3 gives you positive results.

No comments:

Post a Comment